TSB customers are reporting they are able to access their accounts after the lender took its digital banking platforms offline to fix a bungled system upgrade.
The bank’s boss rushed to Twitter in the early hours of Wednesday to declare services were “up and running” again.
However, TSB later clarified that access to accounts was being strictly limited to prevent a surge of anxious customers from crashing the new systems’ servers.
They were taken down on Tuesday morning for urgent work as customers endured a fifth day of frustration.
It had been hoped the fix would take a few hours.
Our mobile banking app and online banking are now up and running. Thank you for your patience and for bearing with us.
— Paul Pester (@PaulPester) April 25, 2018
While TSB mobile app and online customers said, via Twitter, they could access their accounts, many messaged Paul Pester directly to complain about continuing access problems.
Gripes among those able to log in included sub-accounts and premier features going missing. Others said they were still unable to access the platforms.
Why do you & @TSB continually release fake news statements making everything sound okay & crisis is over. We may be able to login if we persist, but when you get in and it’s not in any kind of functional state whats the point? I’m fed up of the lies and cheesy smile #TSB #TSBDOWN
— IGardener (@agedcommuter) April 25, 2018
One user said she had used an opportunity to log in to transfer all her money to another lender.
TSB is facing the prospect of a massive bill from regulatory fines and compensation over the incident, which began on Friday when it had warned its 1.9 million digital customers they would be unable to access their money because of a platform upgrade from old servers linked to its previous owner, Lloyds.
That work was scheduled to be completed on Sunday evening but left customers without access to their money.
The disruption spilled over into branches as people demanded answers and TSB later admitted that several hundred customers had been wrongfully given access to customer data they should not have seen amid the mayhem.
The bank has pledged to consider every case for compensation and not leave any customer out of pocket.
Mr Pester, who has apologised profusely for the troubles, declined the opportunity to take some financial responsibility of his own for the mess during an appearance on Sky’s Ian King Live on Tuesday evening.
When asked if he would give up his annual bonus, he said that was a matter for the bank’s remuneration committee.
TSB’s latest annual report showed how his total pay last year was limited by almost half to £1.75m as certain awards were deferred on condition of a successful migration from Lloyds ownership.
From – SkyNews