The Conservative Party has gained an overall majority, having won 329 seats. David Cameron has met with the Queen at Buckingham Palace and will be returning to 10 Downing Street as Prime Minister.
- Counting continues but Conservatives have already won a majority with 329 seats.
- Ed Miliband resigned the Labour leadership at midday. Harriet Harmon will take over interim leadership.
- Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has resigned Lib Dem leadership.
- Nigel Farage has resigned from Ukip following defeat in Thanet South.
- A disastrous night for the Liberal Democrats saw Business Secretary Vince Cable lose his seat.
- Ed Balls failed to hold Morley and Outwood.
Results So Far:
Liberal Democrats: 8